Friday, August 8, 2008

Jiminy Cricket, make me A Real Knitter

Having only recently discovered the Yarn Harlot, I have been, up until now, blissfully unaware of the fact that I am a poor excuse for a knitter. (What can I say? I love hats and scarves). In order to accomplish my dream of being A Real Knitter, I have decided to 1. make a baby sweater; 2. make a pair of Latvian or Estonian fair isle mittens; 3. make a real pair of socks; 4. finish my lace shawl (we know I can do lace, now we need to see that I can finish some lace).

The baby sweater is on its way. I'm using bamboo. It's gorgeous. I love it. I haven't quite brought myself to work on #4 or #3 yet, though I do have all the materials for both. #2... well, it may be a while before I'm a real knitter, all right?

Though I fear it may bore everyone but me to tears, I am planning to do a rundown of current projects soon. I really don't know if I'm up for this blog thing yet. We'll see.

No comments: