Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lack of blogness

If you're here, you probably followed my profile from Evil Editor, or maybe Miss Snark. If you were looking for something interesting to read... I'm sorry, but this isn't it! I don't really plan to use this as a blog. I just created it so I could comment on other blogs without being one of the many anonymoi. I may decide to use it for something in the future, but for now don't hold your breath. (Not that you were anyway, I'm sure).

Just a few notes: kiss-me-at-the-gate is a colloquial name for spiderwort, a flower that I've always adored with a name I've always hated.

The picture is from a painting I commissioned a while back.

The blog name is from a quote by Kahlil Gibran (philosopher, poet, and all-around crazy person): "Do not the sprits who dwell in the ether envy man their pain?"

I love that man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Followed over from Evil Editor.

You should consider occasional blogging. You seem to have an intriguing range of interests and an appealing sense of humour.

Says he that doesn't have a blog and isn't sure if he wants one either. :)

Liked the quote. Elizabethan gowns must take a lot of work. Suitably impressed. :)
Good luck with the writing.

Kate Thornton said...

Yes I agree - you should consider blogging! I think we would see a lot of interesting comments!

(I too followed over from EE)

kiss-me-at-the-gate said...

Thanks you two -- maybe I'll consider it. I just never seem to have anything interesting to say! (Outside of my novels of course -- I HOPE those are interesting).

Thanks again!

shaded-lily said...

I had no idea spiderwort was called kiss-me-at-the-gate! That's charming. As a child I didn't know the proper name for spiderwort, and I used to call it "snot flower" because of the viscous sap that drips out of it when you pick it. Oh, dear.